How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
After meeting with Dr. Sandy T. Feldman, you will know whether you're a good candidate for vision restoration surgery and which IOL option is best you. You'll be given detailed pre-operative instructions and a treatment plan tailored for your individual needs.
To help ensure that your cataract surgery is as relaxed and safe as possible:
- Plan ahead and take time off of work. Most patients take at least one day to two days to recover before resuming their regular schedules.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the surgery center on the day of the surgery. The entire surgical process can last two to three hours. You should also arrange for transportation to your follow-up exam and to pick up any medications prescribed for you after surgery.
- On the day of surgery, do not eat or drink anything for a minimum of 8 hours before surgery.
- Please refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages for up to 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Wear clean and comfortable clothes on the day of surgery, shower and wash your hair, and do not wear any makeup.
Dr. Feldman and her team of caring professionals will be with you every step of the way throughout your vision rejuvenation procedure and will take as much time as necessary to answer all your questions and listen to your concerns. Please call or email us today to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Click here to read what to expect on the day of your surgery.