Crystalens Procedure for Presbyopia
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center of San Diego is proud to offer Crystalens®, an advanced intraocular lens that is implanted into your eye to correct vision problems including presbyopia and cataracts.
Using your eye's naturally focusing system, the Crystalens is designed to give you a continuous range of vision with less dependency on contacts or glasses. The Crystalens does this through an engineered hinge design that allows the optic lens to move with your eye as you change focus — a function that no standard (single vision) lens implant can provide.
The Benefits of Crystalens
The Crystalens offers many benefits for our patients in San Diego and Southern California suffering from presbyopia and/or cataracts:
- With Crystalens the eyes can focus in the distance as well as intermediate (i.e. to see far ahead of you for driving, to see your computer) with less dependency on prescription glasses or contacts
- 92 percent of Crystalens patients can see 20/25 at a distance
- 96 percent can see 20/20 at arm's length
- 75 percent can see 20/25 for near sight activities
- 98 percent of Crystalens patients can see well enough to pass their driver's license eye test without glasses or contacts
Risks and Complications
When the Crystalens intraocular lenses are used, the risks and possible complications are similar to cataract surgery with single vision implants and can include:
- Dislocation of the lens
- Lens removal
- Lens replacement
- Retinal Detachment
When you schedule your cataract evaluation with Dr. Feldman, she will explain the specific risks to you in more detail, answer any questions you have and walk you through the process step by step. Using her extensive experience as an eye surgeon, she offers all her patients the expertise and personal attention needed to help them achieve visual freedom.
Call or email us today schedule your free Crystalens consultation in San Diego, California.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center provides Crystalens in the San Diego, California area. We offer this web page as general information about Crystalens for Presbyopia. This information should not be considered formal medical advice. Please contact us today for formal advice during a complimentary Crystalens consultation in San Diego.